OKAY so funny funny. After my life went to hell and back and then hell again in 2017 when it came to the
men boys in my life, I decided to write a list of my perfect guy aka everything I want in a guy. I KNOW this sounds like a bit much, but a girl gotta list it to get it done right? So it only made sense to write a checklist of everything I want in a guy. Yes. I may be crazy but #NOSHAME
But think about it- if you had a visible list of everything you wanted in your perfect guy, when you meet a guy, you’ll already KNOW what you’re looking for/want in a guy. And if you’re ever not sure/need a reminder, then you can consult your Perfect Guy Checklist.
P.S. follow me @itsroxyjames on instagram so you can hear all about these crazy ideas as soon as it hits me.
AND since I decided to commit to my list and go all in, I was like why the F not make a checklist-workbook while I’m being dramatic. Not only did I include a “What I want in a Guy” section, but also: qualities that you want, things you won’t tolerate in a relationship and things you value from a guy you’re with.
Comprendé? And if you’re thinking this is some shallow bs, then think again. Laying out what you want for yourself in a relationship is a positive step in realizing what you deserve and being reminded not to settle for bs.
For instance, a guy I was with for YEARS was pretending to be holier than thou while whoring himself with everything that passed him. A next guy ignored me for 2 days because I wore fucking hair extensions to the beach. UM HELLO? WHATTTTTT?
LOL sure I can laugh my ass off at it now, but if I had my checklist, I would have never let things go as far as they did, and sure as hell cut things off at the first red flag/sign of toxic behaviour.
My list started off as a few pages in my planner, and that’s when I got the idea of sharing it with you & making it more official looking.
Here are some ways that I filled out my checklist. I wanted to keep some things private so this is definitely not all.
- taller than me
- goes to the gym/works out
- smell yummy
- dress well
- doesn’t smoke
- faithful/can trust him
- loyal: will always have my back
- makes me laugh
- supportive of my dreams & my choices
- willing to compromise (doesn’t think he’s right all.the.time)
WHAT I WANT FROM MY PERFECT GUY/EXPECTATIONS
- must understand that social media is a part of my life
- gym/workout partner
- wear matching/colour coded outfits sometimes just because it’s cute
- won’t mind that I wear fakes eyelashes, hair extensions, get my nails did (to be fair, this is not ALL the time)
THINGS I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT EVER TOLERATE IN A RELATIONSHIP
- lies, cheating & disloyalty
- going through my personal things/deleting things from my phone (THIS LEGIT HAPPENED)
- controlling behaviour: towards my clothes or things I want to do with MY body
- immaturity (blocking/deleting/ignoring or any other bs like that)
WHEN I SEE TOXIC BEHAVIOUR, I WILL…
- listen to red flags/behaviours/comments
- trust my intuition
- not make excuses or try to justify their behaviour/comments etc
- always remember that actions speak louder than words
FAVE RELATIONSHIP QUOTES
- Someone’s effort is a reflection on their interest in you
- Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, you can never have a happy relationship
OFC my list goes on and on and onnnnnnnn. But I hope what I wrote gives you an idea of how you can use The Perfect Guy checklist/workbook.
Now your turn! Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below and message me @itsroxyjames on instagram so I can see how you use your checklist!
- Click one of the options below to unlock the content.
- You will then see links to download all your printables
- Select “Fit” or “Actual Size” depending on your printer settings or SCALE to make smaller
- Print onto regular computer pape
- share it with me @itsroxyjames on instagram because I’d love to see how you use it!
Questions? Ask here.